Rotobrush Rotoscoping in Adobe After Effects
1. Determine where to start and stop the rotobrushing
2. Double click on the layer to enter into the layer.
3. Resolution must be on FULL
4. Click the rotobrush.
5. Color over the thing you want to mask out
RESULT: You will see a pink line around what you want to keep.
6. To get rid of an area, hold down ALT and color over the area you don’t want.
7. Use page up to go forward and page down to go backward and go step by step through each frame.
8. Color over or ALT color over what you want to keep and delete and continue to move forward to check each frame.
Black and white is the TOGGLE ALPHA
Pink on Blue is the TOGGLE ALPHA BOUNDARY
Yellow on Red is the TOGGLE ALPHA OVERLAY
10. Click on Freeze
11. Refine Matte in the Effects Panel to make the roto result smoother.
12. Reduce chatter