Important overview of Autodesk Maya – General intro videos
The tutorials in this section show you the very basics of starting a project, setting a project, navigating the interface and creating a easy to work with workspace. I’ve included many tutorials on the same topic so you can have the opportunity to view the information from many points of view. So, as soon as you feel comfortable with a topic, move forward.
- Maya Beginner Basics 1/10: User Interface [Tutorial #01]
- Maya Beginner Basics 2/10: Setting Preferences [Tutorial #02]
- Maya Beginner Basics 3/10: How to Create a Custom Tool Shelf [Tutorial #03]
- Maya Beginner Basics 4/10: Navigation [Tutorial #04]
- An Introduction to Navigation in Autodesk Maya
- Setting Up Maya Project Settings
- Maya Basics – How to set up an image plane
Introduction to Polygon Modeling in Maya for Beginners. Polygon modeling is where you should start when learning Autodesk Maya. Learning to model well is the foundation of creating objects that can later be animated. If you model well, you are likely to have less difficulty when your model is animated.
- Maya Beginner Basics 5/10: Geometry Modeling Basics [Tutorial #05]
- Maya Beginner Basics 6/10: Geometry Modeling Basics Exercise [Tutorial #06]
MODELING A CARTOON HOUSE FOR BEGINNERS