Skeleton Joints in Maya
BASIC LOCATION: Animation Menu Set – Skeleton – Joint Tool
Creating Joint Chains –
- Very Basic Creating Joints – Autodesk Maya
- Working with joints and bones in Maya
- Add joint to existing joint chain (inserting joints) – Insert Joint Tool
- (Part 1) Create your skeleton with Maya bone tool, joints and mirror
- (Part 2) Joint Orientation and Reverse foot skeleton
- (Part 3) Rig Maya legs with an IK handle reverse foot and foot roll
- (Part 4) Create hip and spine rigging for your Maya character
- (Part 5) Add a head control, shoulder and arm riggs to your Maya character
- (part 6) Final tutorial Maya rigging, hand and eye controls
Single IK Chains
Tips and Troubleshooting Joints in Maya:
- You cannot make joints in Perspective view. So if your joint tool is not working, go into the top, side or front view and that will solve your problem.
- The last joint on each joint chain is not usually set.
- The first bone/joint is called the Root Bone – Only the root bone is allowed to translate and rotate. Other bones/joints should never translate.