Window – Rendering Editors – Hypershade How to take photographs for proper 3D Texturing
- Tool Tip – Use Background Shader – Put 3D objects into a photo (compositing)
- Maya 2012 UV basic introduction
- Basic Realistic Texturing
- MAYA 3D Modelling Tutorial – Materials and texturing in Maya
- Maya UV and Texturing Basics Bamboo
- Maya 2014 Texture Tip for UV Mapping Tutorial by Stuart Christensen tutorial starts at 6:40
- Texturing techniques
- How to UV Unwrap in Maya – basics
ADVANCED BEGINNER UV TEXTURING
- Mixing Textures
- Maya tutorial: Customizing a chrome material | lynda.com
- Maya tutorial: Adding a procedural 3D texture | lynda.com
- Maya tutorial: Creating shaders with mia_material_x_passes | lynda.com
Texturing Transparency Troubleshooting Technical Support / Help – lambert tiff transparency issues
Mental Ray has issues with TIFF files and sometimes TGA files.
Problem: My transparent tiff is not transparent.
Possible Fix: In Photoshop, Image – Mode – 32 bits
Possible Fix 2: Image>Mode>Change from Indexed Color to RGB
Possible Fix 3: Save as a tiff without compression
Possible Fix 4: Try saving as a PNG-24 file and see if you have the same issue.
Possible Fix 5: Create a brand new Lambert and assign a brand new file and see if that works.
I tried saving tiff with no transparency, mapping a Lambert and assigning the material. It worked perfectly, except, of course it was white where it should be transparent.
Shadows showing up square – lights not recognizing transparency
Possible Fix: Lambert – Shadow Attenuation is set to .500, you should set this to 0 and your shadow halos will disappear